WEIGHT and why its no one business!!

The other day I wrote the below post on my Facebook page. It got a whole load of positive comments and support which I cant thank you all enough for. It did also raise a few eyebrows so I thought I'd just share a few more thoughts on it here. Read the post and I'll "meet" you down below the picture for more thoughts.


Today I wanna jump on my soapbox for a little moment… let’s talk about WEIGHT and why it’s no one’s business!

Weight does not define a persons worth!
Weight does not tell a persons story!

I am a HUGE advocate for speaking about things. My whole social media journey started because I wanted to make people feel less alone by me opening up around my mental health!

It has however also seemed to open up a can of worms about my weight and although I to date has been spared too much nastiness, it still sneaks to my comments and inbox at times.

My weight is no one’s business but mine! Your weight is no one’s business but yours!

If you want to talk about YOUR weight, you go right ahead. That does not open the door for you to talk or comment on mine!!

But for the sake of the few “haters” here I will say this. I don’t talk about weight on my channel nor do I allow comments about weight there because I want my social media space to be a weight free zone. A place where all shapes and sizes can feel safe to be themselves and not feel the never ending pressure to loose weight or feel inferior because we are a little heavier!

Comments saying “omg you look great, you must have lost weight” are NOT a compliment!!

Imagine if your nose was your least liked feature about yourself and the first thing I do when I see you it to say “omg your nose look great did you have work done?” You would be mortified! Just like plus people are when someone brings up their weight!

My weight does not define me! My weight is not your business! My weight is not something you need to “compliment” me on!

I am a person! And if anything my weight will tell you that something inside me is broken (because that’s what weight is normally a sign of 🤷🏼‍♀️)

So please! Never talk to someone about their weight unless they invite you too!




Well my post raised a few eyebrows and a few questions even landed in my inbox. 
Most was simply directed towards that they never meant to insult anyone by giving what they thought as a compliment and time and time again I found myself ironing out the situation... and that is what prompted this post.. 

We have all, at some point in time, said something that could have been hurtful yet we never meant it to be so. Most of us never even know that we did say the wrong thing and m
ost of us never get the chance to apologise. (There are no hard feelings from me if you feel you've said something. All is forgotten and forgiven.)

But you know what?? Its ok! Its ok that we screw up, it ok that we mess up and make mistakes. 

What is important here is that we learn. That we listen when a message is shared.

When someone is telling you their truth, listen, learn, expand your mind. 
Different cultures, different age, different colour etc. We all see the world differently but we all feel the same emotions. We all cry the same tears and we all bleed the same blood.

In this world there is enough hatred, jealousy and greed. Lets be the change we want to see in this world. I want to see love, support and respect, so that is what I will strive for in my life.

I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes. 
Many thanks for reading and feel free to share this post with your friends.
Marleen xx



As I said, my post raised a few eyebrows with a few questions landing in my inbox as 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes