SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

Hello Beautiful People 
and welcome to my blog..

Today's post.. A SHEIN review.. and how I got to try them..

Its no secret that I'm a plus size girl. I have been all of my adult life and have spent many years trying to change that. But over the last few years, I have come to realise that hating my plus size body, just don't do me any good. Maybe one day I will be slim, maybe I wont, but learning to love myself and look after myself just the way I am, is the key to being happier.

My eldest, Emma, is 15 and she is my biggest supporter only outdone by the hubby lol.. She will NEVER let me call myself fat, or let me say anything negative about my body. I guess my years of telling her that there are no ugly people, only people with ugly hearts, has rubbed off lol..

Before the summer I realised that going home to Denmark, where it can be hot, I needed some summer clothes. So off to town me and Em went. There are very few places in our town that has plus size clothes. Most shop may have a 20-22 but that will only do my bottom half. I wear a size 24 top and 20 bottom. So I can always find trousers but never tops that will fit me.

New Look is the only shop I know in our town that has a proper plus size section so that was where we went. I'm a huge fan of New Look but on this shopping trip I didn't see anything I really liked.. Discouraged and ready to leave, Em shooed me to the fitting room and brought in tons of clothes..
Stuff I'd never have picked myself..

Needless to say, I left with 2 bags full and my shopping budget blown lol..
But also with a new found passion for "fashion".
(I use "" simply as I'm not fashionable, I just like dressing nice)

And that gave birth to me looking further afield to find plus size clothes. I searched for apps and websites but admit I prefer apps as its quicker and I can nosey anytime I want.

And that's how I found SHEIN. I took a long time deciding if I really wanted to order from a Chinese company. I did some research, watched some youtube hauls and all in all it sounded OK. Now returning items seems to be a whole different story so I made my selection, placed my order, knowing my money would be gone if the clothes didn't fit. I'm not saying you cant try and return things, but it sounds very complicated and not always successful, so for me what don't fit, will have to find new homes.

I ordered 6 pieces.
1 pair of trousers, 4 tops and a pair of earrings.
 I paid a total of £35.81 as I got 20% of as a first time customer.
Please note prices I give below is what I paid after my discount.
Shipping is also free on orders over £50.
My delivery took approx 2 weeks which I think is fair enough with the clothes coming from China.
All the clothes has measurements listed on the app and although the sizing is off compared to what we are used too here, if you measure yourself well, read the reviews on the item (people often post pictures) you wont go too wrong.
Please note the sizes are Chinese and your usual UK size wont work here. Asian sizing are usually 1-2 sizes smaller then UK sizes. But make sure you measure yourself before ordering



 

These trousers are just so soft. They feel much like track suit bottoms. They are a bit shorter then I had hoped but honestly I never measured my legs, I just went with the waist size so that one is on me.
I'm wearing a size 3xl and think a 2xl would have fitted too as plenty of stretch on both the fabric and waistband. Over all I find the quality very good. I only paid £6.88.





 This top is really lovely. I ordered a 3XL as info said there was no stretch in the fabric and I wanted to make sure it would fit my chest (where I'm the largest overall). But to be honest, a 2XL would have been just fine. Plenty of room in it, lovely and flowy over the tummy which is my least favourite area on my body, and it has adjustable straps, which is a must for me as I'm very short from shoulder to chest.  Quality is fine, fabric a bit on the thin side, but as you can see, I'm wearing a black bra and its not showing through. I paid £4.38 for this top and although it did have a few loose threads (I just cut them off and all was fine) overall a lovely top in good quality.



 Next up, my favourite from the haul. I do love a bit of snakeskin print..
I love grey and brown tones and this one is just amazing. Quality is again very nice, well sown, no loose threads on this one. Fabric is on the thin side, thinner then the stripy above, but again, not see through. It gapes a bit around the arm pits, but that's a common problem for my body, I'm used to having to stitch that in place so I think that is more to do with my shape then the item itself. It also have adjustable straps.

I'm wearing a 3XL again and it fits like a glove. I paid £4.38 for this and its worth every penny (and more)


 


 Ohh how I love this top.. But sadly its WAY too small. I can only just get it on around the arms. I ordered a 3XL and the measurements ARE correct on it, but I only checked the bust measurement. If I had taken the time to check all other measurements, I might have seen it just wasn't gonna work for me.

Aside from the fact that it just doesn't go for my shape and that it is WAY too short, It actually is a lovely top. The fabric is soooo soft and it ironed really easy. Its a classic white top with the lace detail to spruce it up a bit. I wish it would have fitted me but sadly it will now need a new home.
No loose threads, very well sown and the lace is stretchy and firmly in place.

I'm wearing a 3XL and paid £8.13



 

 

 Right.. Last top..
I really loved this top on the model, and with the V neck figured it would look good on my too. Sadly that is just not the case lol.. It sort of fit but on the smaller side, but it just doesn't look right. I think its the straps across the chest that just doesn't suit me. A lovely top otherwise. A few loose threads on this one too, and fabric is thin and see through. A wee cami under it is necessary unless of course your happy with the see through.

I once again went by the bust measurement and it said I needed a 5XL which I got. On the model this top looks flowy and a bit A line, but I find it strait and ill fitting. Its the only thing in this haul that I'm unhappy with. The fabric pattern is true to picture, its just the fit I find off. With that said, not a bad top for the money, and its more then likely its just my shape that it doesn't fit.

I'm wearing a 5XL and paid £9.39.


 Last but not least.. The earrings.. I didn't take a picture of me wearing them for some reason, but follow me on INSTAGRAM and I will post a picture there when I wear them.

These earrings.. Ah I'm in love.. They are really light weight and don't pull your ear lopes down at all. They look to be well made but for £1.88 one can not expect too much lol

**********

Final thoughts!


Overall I'm really happy with my little haul. The clothes are nicely made, its true enough to size (as long as you do your measurements). The quality is equivalent to Primark/Pennyes (Pennyes is the name of the Irish Primark stores) as are the prices, so fast fashion.

My overall review of the App is positive only, I love how its set up and how easy it is to order from there. It lets you "save" clothes in a section separate from your basket, but you can leave stuff in your basket and they will let you know if anything in your basket has sold out.

My favourite part of this whole experience is that fact that each item is listed with measurement. We all know that even in regular stores, sizes can be hit and miss. But to have the measurements listed when shopping online is a real time saver. I love this feature.
Another feature is that you can leave reviews and photos on each item. Seeing how the item really look on a "real" person (meaning not a model) is fantastic. It helped me make up my mind on several items.

I will be ordering from them again for sure.

Let me know in the comments below if you have tried SHEIN or any other similar company or even if you want me to review more plus size companies. It was great fun.

I will be posting pictures where I've styled these items over on my INSTAGRAM, so make sure to pop over there too.

Disclaimer:
Please note that any opinion expressed here are my own. I was not paid, endorsed nor compensated in any way for this review. All items was bought and paid for by me.

And that is it from me for today. 
Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Don't forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.

Comments

  1. I have same problem witb bigger top than bottom, it's a royal pain trying to get tops that fit across chest and shoulders but aren'f swinging on the waist...likewise, getting trousers/jeans that fit in the hips and aren't really gapey in the waist!! Far too many manufacturers/designers assume that women are the same width from shoulders to arse, it's unfair! Glad you at least got 2 tops and a pair of trousers to wear, oh and tbe earrings! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a jungle alright trying to get clothes that fit. Personally prefer to go to a real shop rather then online for clothes, but with the limited options in our town, noting for it :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting post Marleen. I need large size clothes as well and order everything online these days, though not from as far away as China. I find that many things will be the right size to go around me but that the sleaves or arnholes will be too tight. It's as if the manufacturers use the same sized sleaves in several sizes of the same garment. Quite often I can tell without trying on that the sleaves are too small, they can look out of proportion to the rest of the garment.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the thing right.. we are all totally different shapes and sizes and so many manufactures haven’t gotten it right yet, but personally delighted to start seeing more options for plus size girls. Xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post. I haven't ever heard of this company and really don't do much ordering online. I hate not being able to try things on first and also hate having to pay to send them back, so I do all my shopping in physical stores. Then again, I live in an area that has several good choices for shopping. I am no out of the plus sizes, but have been my whole adult life, I had a difficult time sometimes, as I find that companies make things that a larger gal just should not be wearing. I have a wonderful hubby that goes shopping with me and like your daughter, will bring in things I never would consider for myself and a lot of times he's right and they are great once I get them on.
    My daughter is like yours too, she doesn't let me get away with putting myself down in any way, and tells me I'm beautiful quite often.
    Thanks for showing us these outfits, I think you look lovely, but you're the one with them on and can feel how they fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There it's done it again, posted as Unknown. It's Kristie Backstrom Maynard commenting.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Hun. I personally prefer real shops too it’s the limited choice that’s the problem. I dislike spending the extra money on returns but sadly don’t have a choice.
      Thank you for commenting and for your support ❤️

      Delete
  4. https://rosegalss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes