Books, Books and more Books

 Hey beauties 
and welcome..

Today I want to talk BOOKS!!
I am a huge book worm. I love book so much.
Not only do I love reading, I love collecting old books also. 

I love books so much that my husband built me my own library in one of our spare rooms.
I love nothing more than spending hours in there sorting out my book series, checking which ones I'm missing in a series or simply just alphabetise them.



A lot of my older book collection is in my native Danish and was gifted to me. I treasure these book although I admit I no longer read in Danish.


As all 3 of my kids are book worms also, I have had to give them each a shelf in my library and even my husband has a small collection in there although he doesn't read all that much.

Lately however I have gotten him to start listening to AUDIBLE.
I LOVE audio books. Simply because they allow me to "read" while I'm doing other things as well.
When I iron, cook or clean or anything else really that don't require much brain power. I stick on an audio book and the chores fly by.

My husband loves going for a walk after work and I suggested to him to try and listen to a book.
And now he loves it lol.
So far he is just listening to a detective/murder series that I listen too myself but who knows what he will want to listen too once that series are done.


Audible Associates Programme

An Audible trial offers a great way for a new customer to try audiobooks and make the most of every moment.

With the trial, a customer will receive:

  • One free audiobook of their choice - theirs to keep, even if they cancel. Prime customers receive two audiobooks in their trial.
  • The ability to choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks including best sellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more.
  • After 30 days, they will receive 1 book each month for just £7.99/month (renews automatically).
  • Cancel easily anytime.

If you want to give audio books a go, just click on the pink text above.
You can take out a trial and give them a try. Its the best pennies I spend on myself each month but now that my husband loves audible as well as my 10 year old, I often buy extra credits as it works out so much cheaper than buying audio book elsewhere.

Anyway this was not supposed to be an add for audible lol.. And I do want to tell you about BOOKBUB as well.

BOOKBUB is a website where you can buy digital book for very cheap. Many books are just £1.
Often its the first in a series meaning if you like the series you'd probably go back and buy the next one but I have picked up many stand alone books as well. Many books are also FREE on here.

BOOKBUB has an email service. They will send you an email each day with that days book selection in the genres that you pick when you sign up. I have signed up for this free service and I skim through the mail each day to see if there is anything I fancy reading. There is normally 1-2 free books in each selection. I can (buy &) download the books strait from the email to my "Books" app on my phone.

This is such a handy and easy way to get more books and because so many books are free or extremely cheap, I have tried books I wouldn't have paid full price for.

This service is also fantastic for my book worm kids. My youngest is reading 2-3 books a week. The 2 older ones, probably 1 a week each, more when they are not drowning in school work and exams. They pick books strait from my email, download books on my phone and then share them and download them on their own phones/iPad. I then just delete them from my phone and voila..

Free entertainment for my little ones lol


MY BOOKS



Many of my books are series. My James Patterson books have 2 shelves just to themselves lol
I recently moved a lot of books around and got rid of some too so there is a bit of room on the shelves again.

Right let me talk a bit about my books and what I love to read.

I have a very simple taste in books..

Anything murder mystery and detective stories
Autobiographies
Self-help books (mainly about phycology or how to live a more positive life)

My favourite Authors are: (some of them)
James Patterson
Patricia Cornwell
Kathy Reich
Michael Connelly
Angela Marsons
Jussi Adler-Olsen

I love a good series as I love following and getting to know the main characters. Often in a stand alone book you never get too much under the skin of the characters but in a series the author has time for us to get to know the person on a deeper level. 
I love the human phycology (I wish I had studies it when I was young lol) and I guess in a murder story, that aspect often really stands out.

Ok to finish off, I really want to invite you to join my BOOK CLUB on FaceBook.
Its a small and very informal book club. 
A book is picked for each month and those who fancy reading it, joins in. Once we finish the book we leave reviews and talk about it.

Feel free to join us if you fancy.

And that is it for today.
Thank you for reading if you made it this far.
Till next time
Marleen 

LINKS TO MY SOCIALS YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYx0XACuSPTTR8HUj3tZsg?view_as=subscriber FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/281632036424881 INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/marleenbmg/ FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/imjustmemarl... BLOG: https://imjustme-marleen.blogspot.com/ SHOP MY CLOSET: https://www.facebook.com/groups/404517157615571 SNAPCHAT: mbmg1 TWITTER: @MeeGallagher TIKTOK: @Imjustme-marleen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes