Living the Dream

Hello Beautiful People
And welcome to my blog.

Have you ever had a dream??
You wanted to do something but you just didn't know how to get there??
The obsticals were simply just too big?  Time wise it just wasn't possible? Money, or more likely the lack of it, stood in your way??

Ya me too...

 

For a couple of years I had been sitting at home, being a stay at home mum, wondering what was next for me. My kids are growing up. The baby is now 10, the other two are 15 & 17. In a few years time I'm no longer needed to be hands on the way we are when our children are small.

For years I had my little crafting "business" going. It was me making handmade cards for companies in return for their products. It didn't make any money but it filled a void when I needed it.

But as I slowly started to crave more I turned my nose to my new found passion.
Plus size fashion!!!

I had stumbled across plus size youtubers in my desperate search to feel better about my own body.
Having always been a big girl, always hating my body, having a severe case of depression and ongoing recovering, had made me search the internet for anything that could help me fix my "broken" parts.

I soon realised that it wasn't me who was broken. It's the society we live in who only celebrate a certain look and size of a body. Finding girls online who looked like me was the revelation. And a new dream was born...

I was going to be one of those girls.. Only, I was gonna be one of the few who is around my age.

And here began the hurdles of realizing my dream.

I had so many fears, worries, problems and logistics to over come and trust me my confidence was not high. But by my side stood and still stand my biggest supporters. My husband and my kids. They cheered me on till I finally posted a picture of my outfit on Instagram, I was bricking it but soon the compliments started to roll in.
Instagram was my platform but I soon followed it up with a fb page.
Slowly my confidence grew. I started to share more about my mental health, my struggles and most importantly how I work on it all.

But the dream was youtube...
Having a career on social media is HARD work.
It's endless hours of filming, taking pictures, editing, planning and in my case shopping lol.
As I do Plus size clothing hauls and styling, shopping is a big part.. and that cost money which I had to save up first. 
But most important of all it takes PATIENCE!! There is no quick return.

All aspects of what I do now takes enormous amounts of planning and strict execution.
 It's now my full time job while I'm also a full time stay at home mum as well as a part time secretary for my husbands company.

I have never been busier but I have never been happier.
Nothing will of course ever compare to being able to be a stay at home mum, a luxury sadly many can't afford but as I said, my kids are growing up and I have been blessed with being able to now get through the hurdles to live the new dream.

Its still early days for me but I'm ticking of goal after goal.
I've started to work with clothing companies, I've started making money, although still pennies but it's another step in the right direction.

All this because I swallowed my fears, I took the leap of faith and jumped.
It may all be over tomorrow but if that is the case, then these last 6 months have seen me grow in confidence, seen me grow as a person and have made me new friends along the way.

So my point is..
JUMP!!

Just do it!

Take that leap of faith and give your dream a go.
And if the obsticals are big, break them down to smaller chunks and/or find a way around them.

Surround yourself with people who lift you up and will believe in you even when you don't yourself.
As my husband says:

There are no problems...
Only challenges we haven't won yet.


Thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Don't forget to visit me on youtube.
I upload videos on Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm.

 Links to my socials if you wish to connect with me there also:
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/marleenbmg/
FaceBook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/imjustmemarl...
Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.ie/marleenmg/
Blog:
https://imjustme-marleen.blogspot.com/
DEPOP ACC:
https://www.depop.com/mbmg/
Email :
marleengallagher01@yahoo.com
I'll see you next time
Marleen xx

Comments

  1. Why am I only seeing this?!
    We may have different tastes and body shapes but I love watching your YouTubes! I love seeing you getting braver by the week too ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you hun. your support means the world xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes