What I know for sure.. STRENGTH

Hello Beautiful People
and welcome to my blog..

First a HUGE thank you to everyone who read my post from last week. It was my story about depression. Find it HERE if you missed it. I cant believe how many people read it, and the level of support that came back, unbelievable.
Thank you

And now on to my thoughts for this week.

What I know for sure...

Not my original line I must admit. It is inspired by a book by the same name by Oprah Winfrey. (find it HERE should you wish to get your hand on a copy)
I got it on audio book to listen too while I'm working.. But it didn't take long before I was so emerged in listening that work was soon forgotten lol..

The book is Oprah's "what I know for sure" account and not only is it a great listen/read, it also really makes you ask your self the very same question.

So what do I actually know for sure??

I'll be 42 very soon, and I must say that in my "relative short" lifetime I have been through some rough patches.. Life throws us all curve balls but
what I know for sure
is, that we will get through them.

Have you ever been trough a rough patch? One of those times when you just don't know what to do??  Chances are that you have. You have sat there wondering how you will ever get though it. How things will ever get better.

Now look back.. I have no doubt that whatever your situation, it hurt like heck. That the feelings were overwhelming, and maybe they are still there..

But now take a moment.. Look back.. Think back.. Now see how far you have come..
Even if the hurt was only just yesterday, you have made it through till today.

And that my friend already shows how strong you are.
So yes What I know for sure is, that we are stronger then we think and we WILL get through even the roughest of roughest patches.

**************

A few thoughts on how we may get through a rough patch..

Please note that this is MY personal story. Everyone deals with things differently. I have no qualifications nor expertise in this area bar my own experiences.
All advise in this post is based on my experiences and I do suggest consulting a doctor if you believe you have depression or other mental heath issues.
Talk to someone you trust.
Sometimes a "stranger" is best and sometimes a loved one is best. But never forget that there is always help out there, if only we dare ask.

When I was ill I asked for professional help, now when I have a rough patch, my sisters are the ones I run too. They understands me and knows my life and can normally always "straiten me out"


Selfcare
Do something just for you, be it a hobby, exercise, a warm bath, a good book, a long walk, helping others or even buying yourself a treat. Just do something that is good for YOU and for your soul.

For me, selfcare is an early night with a good book. I get my children to bed, put my phone on silent and ignore the rest of the world for a bit. Exercise is also one of the best ways for me to look after myself. I love going to the gym but my time spent on the ju jitsu mat is when I truly just do something for me, and nothing beats it.


Stick to routine.
Sticking to your usual routine as best as possible while going through a rough patch, will help keep things a little bit more "relaxed". This, of course, isn't always possible but it can help to make you feel more "normal" (as in things being normal)

I'm a stickler for routine. I have more alarms set on my phone then I have hairs on my head lol.. Even when I was at the height of my depression I did my best to stick to my routines.. And routine is what keeps me "sane" during the week, plus it makes life with kids easier lol.


Set a goal for the near future.
The feeling of accomplishing something is amazing. So be it a big goal or a small goal, having something to work towards, and accomplishing it, will help see "the light at the end of the tunnel"

A goal for me is often very simple.. It could be getting to the gym for an extra session that week. It could be to make sure I reach my 5 fruit/veg for a given day. It could be to make sure I get half an hour of crafting time in before kids gets home from school. Or it could be something bigger, like making sure I get a job in the house or garden done.

*****************

And that is it from me for today.
Now let me know what YOU know for sure..

Till next time, sending much love to everyone and thank you if you made it till the end of my post.
Lots of love.

Comments

  1. I know for sure that K have a loving husband who, despits his tendancy to laugh at the most inappropriate times, is there for me whatever the issue. I could throttld him when he does that but then I laugh when hd falls up the stairs so I guess we're even!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes