Age is but a number.. And how to build your confidence.

 

Hey Beauties.
and welcome to my blog



In todays fast paced society where our attention span is no longer then that of a goldfish, where TikTok and Reels have taken over. In a world where everything has to happen NOW, and lasts no more than 15 seconds, it is very easy to get lost and feel, especially us who are a bit older, extra old and outdated.

Many of us grow older thinking we need to look 20 years younger than we are, to be attractive, to be lovable, to be enough.

But at the age of 40 (now 44) I discovered that age simply don't matter all that much. 

A 20 year old may have smooth skin, a firm bum and boobies that sit high on her chest.
But a 20 year old, not matter the IQ, will never possess the wisdom and often grace one gets with age.

We live in a society that now idolises our number of followers and likes, more than the raw talent of a person. We strive to look beautiful more than we strive to have a kind heart.

It wasn't until I turned 40 that I finally learned to love myself, before I realised that being skinny isn't all there is to life. That being slimmer didn't make me any sexier or prettier. 

However what does make anyone more attractive, is confidence. 

If you don't believe me, look around you. Look at all the people in your life. At work, at home, your friends. You will never look at any of your friends and see them as unattractive. Yes some people look different, some dress in different ways or like their hair in rainbow colours. Some will have different skin colours, some will have different eye colours etc etc.

But look at someone you love and know well. They will feel comfortable with you and you with them. When someone is comfortable they also become more confident. Take a child as an example.. Many children will be shy at school and be more quiet in class where there are 25 other children, but as soon as they get out to the playground with their small group of friends, they will liven up and speak more.

Adults are the same. When we are comfortable, we naturally become more confident.
When you find that confidence in yourself.. You will be unstoppable. 

No matter your age!

Real beauty comes when a person is no longer afraid of being themselves. Because when you are no longer afraid of being yourself, you will feel a confidence that will make you unapologetic of being who you are. Once you hit that level.. Believe me, you will realise that age is truly but a number.

SO.. How do we get to that level??

Well I can only speak for myself and I can only give you the tips and tricks that has worked for me..

For me, I started by taking the DECISION that I was worth far more than I told myself. I DECIDED to be nice to myself. Every time I looked in the mirror and saw a fat old lady, I turned it around and instead told myself that I was a beautiful gal with loads of battle scars and I survived to tell the story.

When all I saw was the hanging belly with stretch marks and saggy boobs, I reminded myself that my belly has held, grown and protected my babies. My breasts has fed and nourished them. My arms held them and my legs and hips has carried us all.

I am naturally a "glass half empty" kind a girl. But I forced myself to be a "glass half full" girl instead. It was a CHOICE I made to be more positive and see the beauty. Every day I turn negative to positives. I remind myself just HOW MUCH I have been through in my life. I remind myself what my body and mind has coped with. And I am still here.

Ideas you can try.

  • Compliment yourself - Never criticise yourself.
  • Never speak a word to yourself that you wouldn't speak to your child, mother, loved one.
  • Treat yourself as if you are your own best friend.
  • Learn to say NO - Say no to things and people that makes you feel less that amazing.
  • Do things that make you happy. Start a new hobby, get a pet, dance or read more. Take up fitness, music, learn a new language. What ever makes you happy.
  • Get rid of toxic people from your life - Ya this one may be hard as some people "HAVE" to be in our lives, but start but calling friends less and see if they call/text and check up on you. When someone suggest getting a cuppa, say "yes id love too, let me know when you are free". Meaning leaving it up to them to take the initiative. You will very soon see who wants to be in your life and to whom you are not that important.
  • Surround yourself with people who strive for more. People who strive for more will naturally inspire you to do more, and people who strive, "naturally" turns negative to positive. 
  • Surround yourself with positivity. Negativity breeds negativity. If others have a negative mind, it will rub off on you. If someone keeps putting themselves down you will start feeling down about yourself too.

Not matter your age my dear, you need to love yourself. You need to believe in yourself and learn to push yourself.
I know its SH*T tough to change a mindset but I can tell you a secret..
No matter how many people offer their help and support, NO ONE can do the work for you.

YOU have to DECIDE to change your mind set.
Its HARD work, its frustrating and full of setbacks.
But once you master it, you will see that age truly is but a number.

If you want me to write more about subjects like this, leave me a comment letting me know the subject.
I can only cover subjects from my own personal experiences as I am not a therapist in any way but I personally love hearing real stories from real people, hence why I decided to share mine.

Thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Marleen x

LINKS TO MY SOCIALS YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYx0XACuSPTTR8HUj3tZsg?view_as=subscriber FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/281632036424881 INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/marleenbmg/ FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/imjustmemarl... BLOG: https://imjustme-marleen.blogspot.com/ SHOP MY CLOSET: https://www.facebook.com/groups/404517157615571 SNAPCHAT: mbmg1 TWITTER: @MeeGallagher TIKTOK: @Imjustme-marleen


Comments

  1. Very good insights! I try to be like my Mom as much as possible. She was always looking on the bright side and seeing the good and beautiful around her. When she broke her hip and laid on the floor for 7 hrs until someone came to "rescue" her, she had just pulled the pillow off her bed and made herself as comfortable as possible and said she knew someone would call or stop by and know something happened.
    When my husband asked her for her advice on life she said "Roll with the punches and accept what happens and deal with it." She was a wise woman and knew and saw the good things in life.
    So that's what I strive for, to see the good things in life. It's hard sometimes, especially to see the best in myself, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mum was a wise woman hun and I truly think she was on to the right thing here. I need to get better at rolling with the punches for sure. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Depression.. My Story

SHEIN PLUS SIZE REVIEW... and how I got to try them..

How to shop on SHEIN + Discount codes